Friday, December 12, 2014

Hangout Places in Jakarta: SumoBoo

Hello!

Finally, got the time and the place to introduced and reviewed. Since, it's holiday time, I got the chances to try some 'trendy' hangout places in Jakarta.
So, here it is my review about Sumoboo in Pantai Indah Kapuk (PIK), Jakarta. 



This place has opened since a few months ago, but I just got a chance to visit it now. Usually, they are full packed with people. They could make the guests to queue for 2 hours. Yeah, it's crazy, I know. That is the reason why I wanted to try this dessert shop. Is that really nice? Why its always full packed? Finally, I went there yesterday with my uncle, brother, and cousins to find out the answer. Oh! Actually, they opened 4 branches, but it also full packed with people. (btw, I make the review only for the PIK branch)

Sumoboo is a dessert shop located in Pantai Indah Kapuk or known as PIK, or Taman Anggrek Mall, or Kota Kasablanka Mall or Ruko Sunter. The concept of this dessert shop is Japanese style dessert shop. It can be seen from the name (Sumo, the Japanese wrestler, usually they are very big), the menu, and the interior. While, actually many dessert shops came from Taiwan. Well, I don't know which one it take the concept, but it was quite nice. 

For anyone living in Jakarta and often go to PIK, you might find this shop easily. The shop having a catchy exterior, which are logs of tree and yellow painting, and glasses. For people outside Jakarta or outside Indonesia, you could enter this address into your GPS:

Rukan Crown Gold Blok D No.17
Bukit Gold Mediterania – PIK (Pantai Indah Kapuk)
Jakarta Utara

Menus
They are famous with their shaved ice shaped in bear face and nutella bomb. So, we decided to bought that. In addition, we also ordered the tori popcorn. Here are the pictures of each dessert and food we ordered:

1. Boo! Kakigori

This is what makes Sumoboo famous and known widely! Kakigori means shaved ice. While, Boo is the name of the bear, I guess. Anw, this bear shaped shaved ice cost for IDR 30K. It was quite pricey, since the normal shaved ice with fruits and some stuffing cost around that price (read: Pat-bingsoo, Korean Shaved Ice). The inside of this shaved ice is ice, pudding, flavored syrup, and ice cream. Voila! It became this bear shaved ice! My little cousin, she is 8 years old, said to me: "It was easy ya to make this. Only shaved ice, shape it to make like a bear face, put an ice cream, and cut out strawberry to make ears, and use milo balls for the eyes and nose". Yes, Vianney it was easy, but we should appreciate that they have to make it for hundreds of people everyday. 

2. Nutella Bomb Kakigori

For this type of Kakigori, it has nutella filling mochi (rice cake) with Milo powder, and ice shaved. It was so simple, but I liked it! The richness of the chocolate taste, was great. But, it was so simple, that I might ask my maid to replicate it. My mom sells mochi, so it was easy to made the nutella bomb. Hehehe. 

3. Tori Popcorn

Tori Popcorn is type of snacks, made from chicken. It is a mini cutlet chicken. urgh, I don't know how to explain it, so here's the picture. Please interpret it by yourself. (sorry for the foodgasm vocabulary shortage!). Anw, this snack taste gooood! I likeedd it! The spices used are adequate, so the taste is not blunt, even we ordered the non-spicy one. We ordered 4 portions! 3 non-spicy and 1 spicy. The spicy one was crazily spicy!! I could not eat it, without drinking tons of water or the dessert. I'm not the type of person who is spicy-mania nor I can't eat spicy. I do eat spicy, especially in Korean Food, but other than that, I don't really eat it. 

Rate

I will gave this 3.5 stars out of 5. Why? Because, it was not that special. I don't get it why people queue for that period of time. And the price was quite over-price. But I do like, the plating and the atmosphere.
That's all the review of this dessert shop. 
Thanks for reading!
See you on the next post.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Search This Blog