Tuesday, December 09, 2014

DIY: Peter Pan Collar Necklace

HELLO! 
 
Today, I made a new section on my blog, which is DIY section! I loveeeee making DIY things. Nowadays, I'm loving Peter Pan Collar Necklace. I'm inspired from MissGlamorazzi from YouTube (watch it here). I watched her video on YouTube doing this DIY. And it's simple, so I try to make one by myself. 
So, enjoy!! :D
Things to be prepared:
- Velvet
- Glitter, beads, or anything to decorate your necklace
- Glue
- Scissors
- Ribbon
- Pattern
- old brush or glue sponge to spread the glue on the velvet  
(never thought to post it on my blog, so I didn't take a decent photos of the tools and equipment needed. sorry)
How to:
 
1. Trace out the pattern (find it here) on the velvet of your choice. I use a black velvet this time. If you will wear it, remember to match with the outfits you have. Personalize it to your like.
2. Cut it out.

3. The next step is the most fun one! It's the time to put your creativity on! You could decorate it to your like. My peter pan collar necklace is covered by gold glitters. First, I spread some glue on the velvet, then I spread the glitters. Wait till it dry, then I swept away the glitters that didn't stick to the velvet. If you want the same one like mine, I recommend you to spread a lot of glue and use a strong glue. It's kinda messy if you didn't use a very strong glue. When you wear it, you will have some glitters all over your neck and cloths. I add some beads or studs on the border of the necklace.

4. Wait till it dry. Then cut out a ribbon according your like. Measure it to your personal length. 

5. Glue your ribbon to the behind of the velvet.

VOILA! It's done!! It is easy right? If you make your own, don't forget to send me yours! :)
 
left: taken right after I've finished it || right: I matched it with my outfit. :)

HAVE FUN!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Search This Blog