Sunday, March 17, 2024

Beauty: Top 4 Products from Empties 2023 Part 2

 


Hello, I finally give the Empties 2023 an end with this post. You can watch the full products that I have emptied in 2023 here. The following post is the top 4 products that I liked from this second batch of empties in 2023.

Du’it Dry Foot & Heel Roll-on Heel Balm

As I get older, my heels get dry easily and cracked. I hate my ugly feet, so I searched a “heavy-duty” heel cream. And then I came across this product, which is the best finding I ever had in 2023. I came across this product in a drugstore and saw that this is an Australian brand. So, when my brother went to Melbourne, I asked him to buy one. The packaging is nothing flashy and it somehow looks like a stick-glue. But, this product truly shows to not judge a book by its’ cover. This convenient roll-on heel balm costs around 15 AUD for a 50ml.

I really love the product. It smells good and is pretty effective (if constantly used). The key ingredients are vitamin E, natural AHAs, and dimethicone. It is free from parabens. But, a heads up, this product contains alcohol. I use this product before sleep and I put on some sleeping socks. The next morning, my feet is softer than before.

Hera Sun Mate Leports SPF 50+ PA+++

I have zero expectations for this product when I get this as a gift from my aunt. She was a Hera avid customer and she got lots of freebies and gave this sunscreen to me. The sunscreen is very similar to the La Roche Posay Anthelios sunscreen that I used to use. From the color, scent, and application. The difference is that the Hera sunscreen is a cream type while the La Roche Posay one is a fluid type (based on the one that I bought). Since the sunscreen is a cream type, it might feel thick on the skin compared to the La Roche Posay one. But, actually, it is very easy to blend, so I don’t really mind about it. I really loved the product until I scooped out all of the products from the tube.

Etude House Dr. Mascara Fixer Eyelash Serum

This is my first eyelash serum. I was watching a makeup tutorial by Red Velvet’s makeup artist and she used this product. I bought one and I was very satisfied with the result. I’ve never had an eyelash extension in my whole life, so I rely mostly on mascara or sometimes a fake eyelash. So, I was surprised with the result after applying some layers of this product. This product is definitely a cheat key. The price is cheaper than a mascara, so I can leave out the mascara step. Also, since the color is clear, goodbye to messy eye makeup. Applying mascara is also much neater since the lashes have been coated. This product has a high rating on the Naver store, which is a 4.8/5. It is quite popular in the Korean market and many of the reviews sound the same like mine. A very awesome product!

Tony Moly Luminous Perfumed Face Powder

When I was a teenager, I had to attend lots of birthday parties and that’s when I got into the makeup world. I started to watch beauty gurus on YouTube and I learned that a face powder is key to flawless makeup. At that time the beauty gurus were mostly Western and the products they used were mostly Western brands like NARS, MAC, Laura Mercier, and many more. At that time, I thought that having a high-end face powder was not suitable for a teenager, so I bought this face powder from Tony Moly, which is much more affordable.

But, apparently, the product was pretty good, at least for me. The downside of this product is the puff. I don’t really like the puff, so I use a brush to apply. The face powder costs $18.00 (based on Yesstyle) and now the packaging and formula have been renewed. The current formula includes some pearls that could create 3-D effects. The product really lasts for a long time. It’s been in my vanity for 10 years or more, so I had to throw it away despite there being still lots of products left.

Geez, I should have thrown it away 5 years ago. This is not a good example, so please don’t follow it!

Is there any product that you have tried among the products mentioned above? If so, what is that and what is your verdict?

I’m slowly getting rid of the old and expired products and getting closer to a minimalist beauty life. I only buy a new product when it’s finished. It’s easy for face & body care, but I’m still struggling for the makeup one since I don’t use makeup every day. But, I found an organization that receives old makeup products for makeup corpses, so I’m going to send off the remaining old makeup products to them.

I hope that you can do the same as well in this fierce consumerism era. And don’t forget to recycle and reuse the bottles if you can.

Thank you so much for reading until here, peeps!

See you in my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Search This Blog