Sunday, April 01, 2018

DIY: Phone Case (2 Ways)


I’ve prepared this post since 4 years ago, but yet I haven’t got the chance to post it. I made this cases while I just got my new iPhone 6. But, this DIY tutorial is applicable to any phone out there. This DIY is easy to follow and able to give a little more color to your phone as well as more life to your old transparent case.

Things needed:


Transparent case (jelly/hard case doesn’t matter)
Cute papers/printable pattern you like
Spray paint

This tutorial is very simple and you can get creative as you like. I got few ideas from YouTube and Tumblr back then. You can see LaurDIY or Bethany Mota video tutorials for more ideas. The case I used is a jelly transparent case that I bought from a local online store.

CASE #ONE


This case is supposed to be use when your jelly transparent case is still clear and nice. Take out a cute paper, like a gift wrap paper or scrapbook paper or print a cute pattern you like. Make a cut-out of your phone with your case on top of the paper. Don’t forgot to draw the camera holes. Then cut it out including the camera hole. If it’s hard to cut the camera hole, use paper knives instead of scissors to cut it. Voila! You’re you get a new case to your plain transparent case.

CASE #TWO


I do some reviving project for my old jelly transparent case. The downside of jelly case is the color can change and it looks shabby. To give it another life, I spray paint the case. I use Krylon Glitter Paint in Pink to give the case the color. I made a little mistake while spraying the case, cause the sprayer was quite hard and when I pushed it, the paint just burst out randomly. I had like a bump of spray in few spots. It makes my case looks semi artsy yet uneven. Anyway, if it happens to you, quickly use a brush to sweep it evenly.

You can do some variations using the spray paint, you can make a gradation by applying it thin to thick or using a different color to create more color. Since I use a glittered one, I spray it all to my case.

Let it dry for few hours. If you think it’s drying already, put a protection over it. You may use a white glue mixed with a water or top-coat for your nails. I used white glue, but it doesn’t last pretty long. Maybe a top-coat might help to last longer.

That’s it! Easy right? Just be creative, because DIY is all about creativity. :D Have fun and let me know if you made your own DIY case. Thank you so much for joining me on this DIY Case ideas post. See you on the next post.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Search This Blog